I am currently escaping the cold and will be the first to admit that I am not quite ready to return to winter. I have truly enjoyed the beach, beautiful scenery and total relaxation that our trip to Kauai has provided. My last weekend here will be rather low key and I would not trade that for the world. I will be back next week with a full recap of my trip, but now, it's time for Friday favorites!
Food - Single Serve Desserts
- Give me a quick and easy dessert when I decide to indulge. I made these single serve desserts last week using the microwave and a few basic pantry staples - they were a hit! Pancake mix + applesauce + chocolate chips + almond milk topped with vanilla ice cream. Oh so good and oh so easy.
Fashion - Puffer Jackets
- I am all about the puffer coat this winter. I love mine for keeping me warm during these brutal Cincinnati winters! Most puffer jackets are filled with down, allowing them to be warm without leaving you looking like a marshmellow. Unfortunately, the one I own and love is sold out, but here are a few alternatives: similar, similar, similar.
Find - Maaji Swimwear
- I love the thick fabrics and fun patterns. Maaji is a little pricier than other swimwear but all of their suits are reversible, giving you up to 2-4 different looks per suit. Word to the wise - I have found that the bottoms run a little smaller than most, so size up. Need a little winter inspiration to stick to your workout? How about a new swimsuit as a reward. See my top pics here, here, here and here (on sale!)
Fix - Iced Coffee
- I'm all about coffee. My newest warm weather fave? Iced coffee with soy milk. The soy adds just the perfect touch of sweetness, without needing to add any additional sugar. That makes it a winner in my book!
- Did you know that you can borrow books from your libary and read them on your tablet for free? I have already sped through 3 books on my trip. My library uses the Overdrive App. It's easy peasy - just download the Overdrive app, search for your libary, sign in using your library card number and browse through hundreds of books! If the book you want is checked out by other readers, you can add yourself to the holds list and it will download as soon as it becomes available. It really is the perfect app for bookworms like myself.
What's your Friday fave?