TGIF!!! Happy Friday everyone. Can you believe it is already halfway through November? Where did the time go? The temperature has dropped, there are flurries outside and soon the holidays will be in full swing. Friday brings the start of the weekend but also Friday Favorites!!! Here are the things I'm loving this weekend that have made my life easier... and will hopefully do the same for you!
Finds - Stocking up on all things beauty (great holiday gift ideas by the way!)
- Foundation - Makeup Forever HD Foundation
- This used to be my go-to foundation a few years back and our love affair is back on. It's perfect in pictures and wears well throughout the day. Head to your local Sephora to get matched with a shade.
- Rollerball Perfumes - Juicy Couture
- Are you in need of a new perfume? It can be hard to commit to a whole bottle unless you're 100% certain about the scent. I ordered this rollerball to test out the fragrance and it's a winner! It was an inexpensive purchase, less than $20, and the rollerball is pretty large. Already committed to a fragrance? A rollerball is perfect for traveling.
- Makeup Palettes - Smashbox Master Class III Palette
- There's nothing I love more than a palette and the retail value of this is $300, it's a total steal at only $65. Look at all these eyeshadows! I can't wait to play around with it this weekend. It also has 3 blushes and 3 other colors for highlighting/contouring. Perfect for the beauty junkie in your life - no judgement if that's you!
- Beauty Blenders - Real Techniques Beauty Sponge
- I'd heard of beauty blenders before and how they were supposed to be a holy grail beauty item, but for $20 it sounded like a racket. I heard about this inexpensive alternative and I am so happy that I did. This product is amazing - you simply dampen it and then use it to apply your foundation. $5.99 and your face will look airbrushed.
Find - The Light Between Oceans
- I loved this novel!!! The Light Between Oceans is a definite must read. Disclaimer: this book does get off to a slow start and it took a few chapters for me to truly get engaged. However, it explores so many themes - concepts of loss - specifically the loss of ones self, the motivation for our decisions, what it truly means to be a parent, the ripple effect of our choices. Once I was pulled in, I couldn't stop reading. Beautifully written and heart wrenching. A must read. Find it at your local library or download it onto your tablet!
Food - Risotto
- A recent discovery of mine - I realized I could make my favorite meal in the slow cooker. All of the delicious flavor with only a few stirs instead of a few hundred. I'll be posting the recipe soon, so be sure to check back!
Fitness - Realizing when you've outgrown your old gym... and joining a new one!
- We were feeling frustrated at our old gym. There were limited amounts of treadmills
as in there were 4and a lot of times the equipment wouldn't work quite right or was noticeably broken. It just wasn't working anymore. I shared these frustrations with my husband and we decided to shop around. We debated between two gyms but ultimately it came down to what our preferences were. I wanted group fitness classes and he wanted an early opening time. We found the perfect fit and are even saving $15 a month! Bonus: it's one minute from our house. Moral of the story: Know when you've outgrown your gym/group fitness class/current workout routine and don't be afraid to make a change!
Fun - Starbucks Holiday Cups
- Holiday cups are back..... andddd did you know a grande skinny peppermint latte is 130 calories and 13 grams of protein? #christmasinaglass
What are you loving this Friday?