Now, if you're a longt-time reader, you'll remember that I selected the color of the Kitchenaid on my 26th birthday and went with pale pink. I knew I would have few opportunities in life to score a pink Kitchenaid. Eventually, I would probably fall in love and get married. I figured a pink Kitchenaid would not be on my future husband's wish list.
Here I am, about to turn 29. I'm now married to my very best friend and so many things in life have changed. Not only since those young years when I stood in the kitchen baking with my grandma, but also since the day I was given that Kitchenaid mixer. My love of cupcakes hasn't :)
Nonpareils Cupcakes, adapted from How Sweet It Is
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 cup soy milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together sugar and butter in a stand mixer until smooth using paddle attachment - add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients with a whisk, add to batter slowly.
3. Add milk, combine. Fold in nonpareilles. Batter will be very sticky. Pour 2/3 way into cupcake tins lined with paper - about 15.
4. Bake for ~25 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Buttercream Icing, adapted from Williams Sonoma
3 cups powdered sugar
1 stick butter
2 tbsp soy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Allow ingredients to come to room temperature. Lightly cream together powdered sugar and butter in stand mixer using whisk attachment. Add soy milk and vanilla extract.
What's your favorite cupcake flavor?