A few years ago, before going gluten-free, I somehow became acquainted with buffalo chicken wraps. They were my absolute favorite - there was a restaurant near my old apartment, although the name of it has escaped my mind and it has since closed - that served the most incredible buffalo chicken wraps in the entire world. I used to try to recreate them at home using wing sauce and tortillas. When I went gluten-free, the wraps went away as did most things buffalo chicken flavored, except for salads.
I'd had wings a handful of times in my life and only trended towards boneless being the picky eater that I
Now, wings obviously are not an *always* choice, but it's fine for them to be a sometimes choice - especially after you've pushed yourselves through P90X and Insanity in the basement. My personal culinary efforts have been buffalo chicken pasta, buffalo chicken fingers, twice baked buffalo chicken potatoes.... but buffalo chicken pizza? It eluded me.
So tonight, I set out to make it. After burning the crust on one pizza and making an emergency trip to Kroger dinner was ready... and it definitely did not disappoint.
Individual Buffalo Chicken Pizzas
Inspired by How Sweet It Is
2 Udi's Gluten-Free Pizza Crusts
2 tbsp ranch dressing
2 tbsp + 1/3 cup Frank's wing sauce
1/8-1/4 cup diced green onions
2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
8oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
1 tbsp trans-fat free, oil based margarine
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees farenheight. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with non-stick spray or drizzle with olive oil.
2. Place pizza crust on baking sheet - spread or drizzle 1 tbsp of ranch and 1 tbsp of wing sauce over crust - repeat with remaining crust. Set aside.
3. Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite size pieces. Add to pan, saute until golden brown ~8-10 minutes.
4. Place chicken in bowl, top with 1/3 cup wing sauce. Divide chicken evenly between crusts, spooning any remaining sauce over chicken.
5. Top each crust with 1/3 mozzarella and green onions. Bake for 10 minutes.
What's your favorite pizza topping?