The first time I had enchiladas? Well, you can read all about that here. I've had a few enchilada fails, but this recipe is pretty solid. It's also simple, so now, get yourself to the kitchen and get your enchilada on. Also, feel free to substitute a vegan cheese such as Daiya if dairy isn't your thing. Don't skip the microwave step (or the paper towels!) with the tortillas - it helps them to be more pliable so that they don't rip when you're stuffing in your filling.
|Gather your supplies...|
|Stir to combine... let's get filling!|
Black Bean & Cheese Enchiladas
28 oz can enchilada sauce
1 poblano pepper, diced
15 oz can black beans
2 cups mexican cheese, shredded
16 corn tortillas
avocado & shredded lettuce (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large nonstick pan with cooking spray, fill with 1/4 of the enchilada sauce. Set aside.
2. Chop poblano pepper removing membranes and seeds. Drain black beans and rinse with water. Add both to a large mixing bowl, add 1.5 cups of the mexican cheese, stir to combine.
3. Lightly wet a large paper towel, wrap 4-5 tortillas inside, microwave for 35 seconds. Add about 1/4 cup filling to each, gently fold in the sides about 1/4 inch, roll from the bottom until the enchilada is like a small burrito, place in pan seam side down. Replace until all tortillas are used.
4. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, top with remaining shredded cheese.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
What's your favorite enchilada filling?