Speaking of simple, I have the most wonderful recipe for you. It kind of just popped into my head one day when I was trying to figure out what to do with all the left over corn tortillas from the enchiladas I had recently made. I thought it would be pretty good... I was wrong.. it was incredible. The first time around, I even used store bought guacamole... the second time I used homemade - it didn't matter, both were phenomenal.
To take this over the top, I recommend buying authentic corn tortillas from the international aisle at your grocery store. I ended up using Whole Foods 365 chipotle pepper salsa - my new fave - and it really took these over the top.
Um yeah, so this is probably the easiest, most incredible breakfast I've ever made. I'm being 100% serious. Best of all, it's pretty fool proof. I've made it for breakfast, I've made it for lunch, it never fails. I'm addicted.
2 corn tortillas
1 egg + 2 egg whites
1/4 cup guacamole
1/4-1/3 cup chipotle pepper salsa
1/4 cup shredded cheddar
1 green onion, chopped
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Place tortillas on baking sheet, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Toast in a 425 degree oven until lightly crisped - about 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
2. In small bowl, beat eggs until combined. Spray a small saucepan with non-stick spray, add eggs, stirring continuously until they reach the consistency of your choice. Turn off heat and set aside.
3. Spread 1/8 cup guacamole on each tortilla, top each one with half of the eggs.
4. Next, add 1 tbsp of cheddar on top of the each toastado, layer equal amounts of salsa on each, top with remaining cheese.
5. Sprinkle green onions and cilantro on top of toastados. Serve!
|Crispy from the oven!|
|Time to feast!|
See you later with another post! Have a great night :)
What's your favorite breakfast?