So, moving on, I must admit that today was kind of an off day for me. Does anyone else have those? Everything went really well, I just felt....off. Apparently, I wasn't alone in feeling this way since one of my friends said she was "completely over today" and I couldn't agree more. Anyway, on my commute home I stopped to pick up new sunglasses... sigh, I was looking for aviators but I just can't find cute ones. Any suggestions on where to pick up a cute pair? Fossil maybe? After I came home, I was tired and a little cranky, so I decided to skip my workout (there is seriously no point in going to Pure Barre when you aren't motivated), drink a La Croix, paint my nails, watch The Bachelorette and make this amazing recipe that I'm about to share with you. Whatever Wednesday, I'm over you. Bring on the weekend, oh yeah and get to your kitchen and make this now!
|no words necessary|
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup 2% cheddar cheese
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
black pepper & sea salt to taste
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1. Prepare quinoa according to package directions - or cheat and use a rice cooker. Set aside to cool.
2. Next, combine quinoa, cheeses and brown rice flour in a large bowl. Beat eggs, add to quinoa cheese mixture.
3. Stir in chopped onions, red pepper flakes, sea salt and black pepper until combined.
4. In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil over medium high heat. Pack quinoa mixture into 1/4 cup measuring cup, place in saucepan and flatten into rounds. Halfway through the batter, add the remaining grapeseed oil to the pan. Continue to add the quinoa cakes in 1/4 cup increments until no batter remains.
5. Cook each side until golden brown. Feast :) Top with fat- free sour cream or greek yogurt and more green onions.
See you later with a post about who knows what!
Are you over Wednesday too?