Not only do I love Ben, the bachelor, I mean hello - he makes wine for a living and is totally adorkable - but I love seeing all of the beautiful outfits all of the bachelorettes wear
I loved Amber, the labor and delivery nurse, in her little blurb in the beginning after learning how she took care of her siblings - she seemed like such a sweet and loving soul - but then actually seeing her get out of the limo and into the house and the way she was talking about one girl's grandma - I mean did I miss something because how did she morph into such a witch?!?!
Anyway, let me get myself back on track, in honor of the Bachelor, I had to plan a super exciting evening for myself :) I went to pilates, err and fell right outside my apartment, limped to my car and finally made it to class. Then, I came home to prepare this fantastic dinner that I've been planning. Now, if you haven't noticed on my blog, most of my recipes are vegetarian or pescetarian (fish) - I don't eat red meat or turkey, but I do eat chicken, fish and occasionally pork. Cooking chicken at home gives me the heeby jeebies.... so why not make a tofu parmesan? This dish is totally divine and I took like 800 pictures in typical not-me fashion. I want to eat this everyday.
1/2 block extra-firm tofu or 1 Trader Joe's Sprouted Tofu block
1 slice brown rice bread
1 tsp parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1-2 tbsp brown rice flour
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup tomato sauce (your choice!)
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
1. Slice your tofu into 2 small blocks, press your tofu for ~8 hrs. I use this tofu press or you can use heavy plates and paper towels.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Place brown rice bread, parmesan cheese, basil and oregano in a food processor - process to make bread crumbs.
3. Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium. Set up a station of brown rice flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Dip the tofu slices in the flour turning to coat all sides, repeat with the egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
4. Lightly brown the tofu in the pan - about 1-3 minutes. Next, add 1/2 of the tomato sauce to the bottom of a small dish - place tofu on top.
5. Lightly brown remaining breadcrumbs in the pan. Next, top tofu with remaining sauce, remaining breadcrumbs and mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly :)
|Gather your ingredients....|
|Almost oven time!|
|Topped with cheese & breadcrumbs|
|Best. Tofu. Ever. |
What do you think of this season of The Bachelor?