Hi everyone! I hope you're enjoying the last few days of 2011 - I definitely am :) In the meantime, I've been crossing off things on my to do list, looking for a full time job and trying to enjoy my free time as best I can! Looking for a job is definitely a little stressful, but I'm just taking the opportunity to enjoy my free time - once I find one, I'll never have free time like this again!
Now, I'm not one to have crazy resolutions for the new year - I'm more of a vision board, meditation/prayer, affirmation girl :)
I'll be making my vision board soon and posting it -along with my old
one, but if you're interested in making one before then check out the
link I've posted. In the simplest terms, a vision board is a visual collection of all the things you want for your life - the idea behind it is that if you send it out to the Universe (or God, Allah, Yahweh, Jesus - you can define your particular belief system here), life will give it to you. Your job for your life is to expect good things. If you've ever read Sonia Choquette's books - they are truly incredible, you can learn more about meditation/prayer - I love how her books include the Catholic faith, as I'm Catholic, but also dive deeper into a more spiritual sense of working with angels and guides. Anyway, moving onto less deep topics....
One of the beauty blogs I love, The Beauty Department, recently posted this list of "beauty resolutions" for 2012. The Beauty Department is run by Lauren Conrad (love her!), Amy Nadine and Kristin Hess. They have awesome tutorials including everything from the basics of how to curl your hair to complicated braiding - which is completely perfect for me since my hair knowledge is limited to curling and straightening... Anyway, I thought this was a really cute idea, so, here are my beauty resolutions for 2012!
1. I will drink more water.
2. I will always take my makeup off before I go to bed, I will keep makeover remover clothes for when I don't feel like it.
3. I will not compare myself to others. My hair will always be dark and my eyes will always be blue - but that's what makes me who I am and why would I want to change that?
4. I will get 8 hours of sleep per night, I would say 7 but I know that doesn't work so well for me.
5. I will start using lip balm with shea butter to get my chapped lips under control.
6. I will stop picking at my cuticles.
7. I will continue to nourish my body with good foods - whole grains, fruits/veggies, protein and occasionally dark chocolate :)
8. I will take off my nail polish when it starts to chip and I will NOT pick it off my nails.
9. I will wear sunscreen/use moisturizer with sunscreen even when it's cloudy.
10. I will not complain about my body or any particular part - instead, I will admire it for it's strength and the fact that it is healthy - and no, my life would not be better if I was taller, shorter, thinner, fatter, my feet were smaller/bigger and yours won't be either. Everyone is beautiful just the way they are today.
11. I will always always always use heat protectant spray when I straighten my hair or use my curling iron - I love this one and it's super cheap.
12. I will smile when I don't feel like it and thank God for all the things in my life I am grateful for.
13. If I want a tan, I will only fake tan, but even better I will embrace my paleness.
14. I will use L'oreal's lash treatment for bigger eyelashes :) It really does work.
15. I will throw out my mascara every 3 months.
16. I will keep my nails short and painted 75% of the time.
17. I will embrace drugstore makeup - I am learning that a lot of it rocks!
18. I will stop buying shoes that are too small just because they are cute and out of my normal size.
19. I will donate clothes that don't fit me or that I will never wear again.
20. I will clean my makeup brushes every 2 weeks, this should be every week, but I know that won't happen!
21. I will only use the makeup brushes I love (mostly because I'll have less to clean!) which would be the set I have from Too Faced that I have had for 7 years - this set is very very similar.
22. I will find a foundation that I love. I hope.
23. I will use my dry brush more often - 3x a week at least!
24. I will start using coconut oil as a moisturizer.
25. I will use my Clarisonic at least once if not twice everyday even when I don't feel like it because I know that it really does make my skin look prettier :)
26. I will always see the beauty in other people and I will tell them they are beautiful.
27. I will banish any negative beauty talk from my mind - I will learn to love all my "flaws"
28. I will embrace my own style and expand it :)
29. I will continue to go to pilates - so great for my mind and body :)
30. I will get my hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks because I know if I don't it will start to look ratty.
31. I will learn how to do the messy bun... if you know how please send a tutorial my way.
32. Laugh every single day :) Spend time with people who make me laugh :)
What are your beauty resolutions for 2012?