Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a fantastic Labor Day weekend. It's back to the real world for the most of us - especially me, since I have my thesis proposal meeting tomorrow.... I hope it goes well.
Anyway, back to this post. One of my friends decided to host a party to watch the Labor Day fireworks on her rooftop. Obviously, I needed to make some sort of dish - so I decided to bring my favorite dip. I've made this on numerous occasions.... Thanksgiving, bachelorette parties, work parties, birthdays... the list goes on and on. It never disappoints... it's cheesy and incredible... oh yeah and you'll never believe that it's lower in fat than traditional spinach & artichoke dip.
Unfortunately, it rained for the fireworks. We still made it work with umbrellas and we managed to save the food! So.... here's the moment you've been waiting for... the recipe! Enjoy :)
PS: See you tomorrow with the best recipe EVER...I'm not even giving a hint, so you'll have to stay in suspense ;)
Spinach & Artichoke Dip, adapted from Cooking Light
10 oz spinach, frozen
14 oz artichokes, canned
1/2 C fat-free sour cream
2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
2 blocks 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/4 ts black pepper
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese with parmesan cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, black pepper, garlic & crushed red pepper.
3. Rinse artichokes. Chop into small pieces with a chef knife.
4. Thaw spinach by microwaving 2-4 minutes, drain.
5. Add spinach & artichokes to cheese mixture, top with remaining 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
6. Bake until cheese is golden brown 20-40 minutes based on the depth of the dish you use.
7. Serve with blue corn tortilla chips. Feast away!
|use your cooking dish - make life easier :)|
What's your go-to party dip?