Hi everyone. I hope you're having a fabulous week so far. Oh August, what a wonderful time of the year - fall temperatures creep back on us, the sun goes down earlier, the kiddos go back to school.... and so do teachers. This post was actually requested by a teacher - fyi, if you have any requests for topics you would like to see feel free to email or post in the comments. Fortunately, for all my lovely readers, the tips in this post apply to everyone.... so whether or not you are lucky enough to have your summers off, you can be lucky enough to have a delicious and healthy packed lunch Monday-Friday! Wait though, this post isn't about lunch.
The request was back to school lunches... but wouldn't you also like to have back to school breakfast ideas as well...what about snacks...? Obviously, I can't give you all 3 at once, because what fun would that be? So let's start with everyones favorite meal - or at least mine- breakfast!!!
If you haven't been to the recipes page yet, I recommend these:
If you've already been through all of those, you're in luck because here are a few more ideas. As always, I recommend serving with your favorite fruit side :)
1. Egg & Cheese Roll-Up
- Teff flour tortilla, 1/4 cup 2% shredded cheese, 1 egg & 1 egg white
- Scramble your eggs in the microwave - the foolproof way is to change the power settings to 50-75% and remix every 30 seconds or so.
- Toss scrambled eggs onto the teff tortilla, top with cheese.
- Add veggies or salsa if you desire.
- Attempt to roll and microwave for 15-30 seconds.
|Ready, set, go!!|
2. Peanut Butter Banana Roll-Up
- Teff flour tortilla, 1 banana (sliced), 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Spread peanut butter onto your teff flour tortilla...top with banana
- Roll away!
3. Monkey Waffles
- 2 frozen gluten-free waffles (I love Van's), 1 tbsp almond butter, 1 banana (mashed)
- Toast waffles in your toaster oven - top with peanut butter and mashed banana
- Continue to toast until crispy.
- PS: Feel free to add 1 teaspoon of dark chocolate chips!
|Clearly, this almond butter jar has gotten lots of use|
4. Stuffed French toast
- 1 tbsp light whipped cream cheese, 1 tbsp strawberry preserves, everything listed here
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread and strawberry preserves on other slice.
- Place together sandwich style.
- Allow sandwich to soak in french toast mixture for about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Cook in a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray over medium until golden brown on both sides.
5. Easiest Smoothie - Ever
- 1 banana (frozen), 1 cup spinach, 1 cup frozen fruit (I used TJ's very berry blend), 2 tbsp ground flaxseed, 8 oz of milk of your choice - my vote is Silk Soy :)
- Toss everything in your blender. Pulverize away!
|I promise I'm delicious!|
What's your favorite simple breakfast?