Cornmeal Crust, adapted from Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef
1 packet yeast (I used Kroger)
2 tbsp olive oil1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1 egg or 1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 2tbsp-1/4c water
1 tsp salt
herbs as desired
1. Fill a clear measuring cup with warm (not hot) water to the 1/2 mark. Add yeast packet and stir. The mixture should look foamy - this is what you want - keep in mind, you are proofing the yeast so the crust will rise, but you don't want to kill it - and you will if you use hot water.
2. Combine your flours, salt and herbs in a medium bowl.
3. Add yeast mixture and egg/flaxseed to flour mixture.
4. Attach the dough hooks to your handheld mixer - I use this one or use a stand mixer.
5. Stir until combined, if dough isn't blending all the way then add in a little extra water.
6. Allow your dough to rise in a warm place for at least an hour - I put mine in the inside of the oven - while it's off fyi.
7. Place your pizza stone into the oven and pre-heat to 400 degrees.
8. Portion your dough into 2 halves - one for now and one to freeze for later. Wrap extra half in plastic wrap and freeze.
*Now, you can continue with the ingredients below or you can decorate your pizza however you feel fit*
Cornmeal Pizza of My Dreams
1/2 cornmeal crust dough (above)
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp black olives, sliced
1-2 oz fresh mozzarella
1 tbsp feta cheese
1 tsp parmesan cheese
1 cup baby spinach
2 tbsp garlic (feel free to use less)
1. Spread garlic onto pizza crust - I opted to add 1/2 tsp olive oil at this step. Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for about 7 minutes.
2. Remove pizza from oven, top with remaining ingredients.
3. Bake for ~17 minutes.
|Gather your ingredients..|
|Off to the oven!|
|Pizza of my dreams :)|
What's your favorite pizza topping?