Now, how exactly does bruschetta play into this story? If you haven't noticed, I like to give you all the pieces of the puzzle in my story. Well, everyone else was diving into the most incredible looking bruschetta I'd ever seen. In my head, I realized that it wouldn't be hard to make bruschetta at home and I know the perfect bread, Udi's.
Granted, I had no idea what I was doing... but I had the perfect bread, balsamic vinegar, tomatoes and determination...
Voila! This recipe was born :)
PS: It was incredible.
2 slices of Udi's Gluten-Free White Bread2 tbsp prepared pesto (I used TJ's)
1/2 cup chopped grape tomatoes
1 tbsp shredded Parmesan
Balsamic Vinegar to taste
1. Spread 1 tbsp of pesto on each slice of bread.
2. Chop grape tomatoes, divide evenly between bread slices
3. Top evenly with parmesan and balsamic vinegar.
4. Cook in your toaster oven (or regular oven) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If you are using a toaster oven, use the convection setting at 350 degrees. Keep an eye on it, mine was done in about 5 minutes.
5. Top with more balsamic... feast away :)
Have you ever made bruschetta?