Fashion - Ombre
- Are you in a hair rut? I am. That's why this weekend I'm jumping on the ombre train! I'm a little nervous, but hoping I love the results. I adore these Rachel Bilson looks, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.
- Looking for the ultimate comfort food? Click the link above. Potatoes + avocado = my dream. If you're looking for an easy appetizer or side for your next meal, make these. I'm adding them to our weekly menu ASAP.
- Pause from talking ebola and start talking influenza. Many, many people underestimate just how deadly the flu can be - especially in young otherwise healthy individuals. Last year, 60% of the people hospitalized for influenza were between the ages of 18-64.
- According to the World Health Organization, worldwide, annual influenza epidemics lead to 3-5 million cases of severe illness resulting in 250,000-500,000 deaths. The current outbreak of Ebola has let to 4,500 deaths. Influenza kills more people in the United States every year than Ebola has killed in the history of the world.
- Those infected with the flu can infect others 1 day before symptoms occur and 5-7 days after symptoms begin - this means you can pass the flu onto other people without knowing that you're infected. Flu viruses are spread through the air when you cough, sneeze and talk.
- A flu shot is an easy way to protect not only yourself, but also your loved ones. Scared of needles? Go for the flu mist. Don't want to skip a workout due to a sore arm? Go for the intradermal vaccine and skip the soreness.
Fitness - Group fitness classes!
- Have you felt less motivated in the gym lately or gotten bored with your solo workouts? I've been in a gym rut ever since our honeymoon that I've been working on digging myself out of. What's working for me is group fitness classes! I'm addicted to Tone & Sculpt and Spinning. The group environment keeps me motivated and the workouts are challenging. Plus, sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name!
What's your Friday favorite?